Friday, January 18, 2008

What Do You Think?

Trevor asked for a snow day. All I wanted was a nap. It was 10:30 yesterday morning. I promised that after I rested we would go out. . Outside the window I heard snow melting off the house. Drip................Drip..............Drip. The feather pillow cradled my head like I was lying in my mama's lap. Drip.......Drip.......Drip. I had pulled up the down comforter hearing Jesus say "I will cover you with my feathers and under my wings you will find refuge." Drip....Drip....Drip. I was surrounded with warmth and peace like sunlight and water. I lay in bed melting in to the sheets. Drip.Drip.Drip. I wasn't the only thing melting, so was the snow. I was called out of that bed, like Lazurus from the grave. In a few minutes I was wearing snow boots, snow pants,scarf, gloves, little warmy things that go inside your boots and a hat, besides all the layers that go underneath.

Instead of a nap, this is how I spent the next hour.



I think I made a wise decision, how 'bout you?

p.s. I rested the rest of the day and all night.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Good for you!
Hugs,
Roxanna

Whitney said...

That's a snow whale! Woot!

Also my brother looks like me. Check him out in that last picture. It's me--if I was a boy!

Danita said...

I love the snow whale. Leave it to the Rayls to create something other than your typical snowman.

Whitney's right about the Trevor photo. At first glance I wasn't sure who was in the last picture. Michael assured me it's Trevor.