Monday, January 7, 2008

4 Days Later

It is Monday and I am kinda worn out. Friday, after chemo on Thursday I felt GREAT! We all piled up and went to Brevard to knock around for the day. I even ate fried shrimp for lunch and barbecue for supper. On Saturday Whitney needed to go to Black Mountain to learn how to tune the hammered dulcilmer that she got for graduation so off we all went again. On both days I kept saying to myself, "You just had chemo??"

Whitney left from Black Mountain to go back to Mobile. She graduated from the University of South Alabama in December and wasn't sure if she would move back up here or stay in Mobile. She decided to stay. I am sure that saying good-bye to her is part of the reason I feel "little" today.

I was in Camelot while Danita was here. She took care of me like a lady in waiting takes care of her queen. John, an "adopted" brother cooked the whole time and Michael, her husband, played video games with Trevor (so he wouldn't feel left out). They left on Sunday, so now the house is quiet. I went to church yesterday then rested the whole afternoon and evening and right on through he night.

Today I thought I would get up and finish the undecorating of the house , but no...that job is too big. I did a little. I'll do it a bit at a time or...if you are not doing anything and would like to help a grey haired old lady do some spring cleaning during these warm days of January then call up and come over this week. I would love the company and work is always more fun with a friend.

Now I am going to sit in the sun and maybe rest a little more.

Thanks for your continued prayers , notes and support. It is working. My body is tired but my spirit is singing.

Debbi

1 comment:

The Devil Dog said...

Hi Grammy. We just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and hoping you continue to do well. Don't tire yourself out, you need your strength.

Roxy & Lucky